Americana Decoupage Flag Sign
Super easy "patriotic" craft made with decoupage skills you learned in grammar school! This is one of those crafts nearly anyone can do.
Americana Decoupage Flag Sign Materials:
• Magazines (2 or 3 is probably all you will need)
• Elmer’s Glue
• Wooden Stars
• Paint Brush (for applying glue)
• Wooden Sign – pre-made or upcycled wood
• Ribbon, Twine or Rope and stapler (to make a hanger on the back of your sign if you did not buy premade)
• Mod Podge
• Mod Podge Spray Sealer
• Clip red, white and blue squares, rectangles, etc from your magazines. Use different shades for contrast. Make sure you clip enough to cover your whole board/pallet/sign.
• Wipe down the wood on the sign to dislodge any dust or debris.
• Begin fitting your pieces together for stripes. Make sure you plot these out before you begin gluing. Using Elmer’s glue begin gluing down the first section of red, then the white stripes. Alternate the stripe colors as you go.
Keep yourself on track so as not to overlap a stripe into the next color’s area.
• Do the same for the left blue corner laying out the pieces of blue first so you can make adjustments, and then glue down.
• Paint your wooden stars white if you like, or leave them natural.
• Glue stars to the sign. Allow your project to dry completely.
• Use your paintbrush to brush on a thick coat of mod podge over the entire sign – paper, stars – cover it all.
• Let the sign dry completely.
• Spray your finished project with a clear coat of Mod Podge Spray Sealer. It comes in several finishes from matte to high gloss, so you can choose the finish look you would like.
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go