Alicia W
Alicia W
  • Middletown, PA

Four "Killer" Ideas to Get Rid of Weeds Forever

$5

Got weeds? Do they keep coming back even when you pull them out? Here are four easy peasy ways to get rid of them forever with things you already have in your cupboard.

four killer ideas to get of weeds forever

Method One: Boil plain water in either a kettle or a sauce pan.

Pour the boiling water directly on the weed making sure you pour the water on the ground surround the weed to get the roots.

This works instantly. As you pour the water, the leaves begin to curl up.

Same weed...dead! This is after 24 hours.

Method Two:

Huge shout out to The Chemistry Cachet for this recipe!

• 3 cups white vinegar
  • 3/4 cup table salt
  • 2 tsp blue Dawn
  • 3 tsp arthritis rub that contains methyl salicylate which is wintergreen oil (this is the secret ingredient)

Mix all of the ingredients together and pour into a spray bottle.

I sprayed this mixture on clover. Clover is one tough weed to kill.

This is after 4 hours...dead! After 24 hours, it was complete gone.

Method Three: White vinegar and lemon juice. The ration is 1:1 so if you use one cup of white vinegar, use one cup of lemon juice. Mix the two ingredients together and pour into a spray bottle.

I sprayed three wee weeds. Spray until entire area is saturated.

This is after 24 hours. Can you see them? No? That's because they're dead!

Method Four: Bleach

Pour bleach directly onto the weed. This works instantly as you will see the leave begin to curl.

This weed is really hardy with deep roots.

This is after 4 hours...dead! After 24 hours is completely gone.

There are plants around this weed and it didn't affect them at all. I was very careful to pour the bleach directly onto the weed.

I also have three dogs and I kept them away from this area while I used this method.

This may be a method to use only on weeds you absolutely can't get rid of. You know the ones.

• Chazman

How do I kill weeds in my lawn, without killing the lawn?

• Does the vinegar kill the roots or is this a temporary fix?

• Martha Jay
      31 minutes ago

Clip the vine near the base. It won’t kill the root,; you need to dig that out. I wouldn’t, but roundup can be sprayed on the foliage to kill the plant entirely. I just don’t like what it does to the environment

• Margie Nendza

I have a palm tree that grow from the bottom and produces huge thorns. I want to kiil the lower thorns without killing the tree. Any ideas what I can do

• Kathryn

Put on gloves which can be washed, also long sleeves, mask or hanky over nose, safety glasses.

Pull the Ivy off the tree, and lay on top of a piece of plastic on the ground. Do not pull up roots or disconnect from the roots.

spray leaves and green vines(not the woody ones).leave alone for 24 hrs. You may need to respray, poison ivy is very difficult to kill.

• Granny B

Straight Vinegar, cheapest or most expensive, it all that's needed. Spray it good and weeds are done in a matter of a few hours.

• Michael Greanya

Yes I'm going to try this, what about vinegar and baking soda?