How to DIY a Faux Brick Wall the Easy Way

$70.00

Do you love the look of brick? Do you want to add it to a space but don't want to fully commit to messing up your walls? I have the perfect, budget friendly easy DIY faux brick wall for you.

Here is our space way before.
Here it is after our kitchen remodel. As you can see we added a kitchen island, new hardwood floors, removed the wall paper and added paint.
I love the look of brick and wanted to add it my kitchen nook. I decided STENCILING a brick wall was the way to go. Not only is it super simple but if myself (or a future homeowner) ever wants to change it all it will take is primer and paint.  This technique makes it great for not only homeowners but for renters as well.  

The Allover Brick Stencil is from Cutting Edge Stencils. The level that you have the option to purchase makes the process easy as well as it gets the stencil straight for perfectionists like me.
Before getting started I created a sample on a piece of cardboard. This helped to practice working with the stencil and to experiment with different colors as well.

I decided on three brick colors and a cream color for the grout.

I started out by painting the wall the cream color for the grout. Once this dried I chose a spot on the wall that I could complete the entire stencil.
I landed on one color for my grout and three brick colors.
To move on to the next stencil I overlapped it with the previous painted stencil to help with alignment.
Once I completed the entire wall I added a whitewash finish to make the face brick look more real.

To create the white wash look I dabbed on a mixture of water and paint with a paper towel, let it sit for several seconds then blotted it off with a dry paper towel. The longer the paint/water mixture sat on the wall the more whitewashed it appeared. I repeated this process until it achieved the look I wanted.
Here is the kitchen nook now.
To see all the details please stop by and see me at the link below.

Looking for other kitchen projects? Check out this Hangry Kitchen Tray and these EAT Kitchen Wood Blocks.

Thank you so much for seeing how to make a faux brick wall.

Happy Building,

Tiffany

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Tiffany from Dream Design DIY

• Liz

Tiffany, it turned out lovely, but I wondered if you have considered applying the brick tile board and white washing/aging it like another person did on Home Talk? It's less time consuming.

• Noha ezzat

The paint materials and where in Egypt

• Cerita

How did you get the painted bricks to have the bumpy look of real bricks? Did you add sand to your cream paint?