Miter Saw Stand With Storage

$50

This mobile miter saw stand is a great addition to my workshop. It combines a large work surface, sturdy base, and lots of storage underneath!
I started with this base by Shanty 2 Chic. I shortened the length to six feet and centered my miter saw instead of off-setting it to the right.
I loaded up the bottom shelf with my less-used tools, but I didn't like how much empty space was above them. I wanted to use every square inch!
I started by installing these vertical pieces between the saws and the shop vac. There was just enough room for a 2 x 2 between each tool. These were attached with 3" screws to the frame of the miter saw stand.
These mis-cut 1 x 2 pieces formed the horizontal supports for the shelves. One was attached to the miter saw legs, and the other is between the vertical supports.
Finally, I added a piece of 3/4" plywood on top to form the shelf. I left these loose to it would be easier to change out if necessary.
Now there's plenty of space above the tile saw for more storage! These bins currently hold my painting and sanding supplies.
To see how I added the miter saw fence to this stand with even more storage, click here. For more details about this project, please visit my blog, The Handyman's Daughter, by clicking the link below.

Vineta @ The Handyman's Daughter