Nicolette Spargo
Nicolette Spargo
  • New York, NY

Windowsill Decor

$50

I decided it was time to fill the giant ugly windowsill in my bedroom. I want to keep things simple until I move into a more permanent home. I looked on Pinterest and Hometalk for some inspiration and this is what I came up with!
windowsill decor
This is the space I was working with..giant and ugly, right? But I cannot deny, the view is absolutely beautiful! So now it was time to make the surroundings beautiful as well :)
windowsill decor
Here are some of the items I picked up from Michael’s.
windowsill decor
I started off by painting the ‘wooden box thing’ (idk do these things have a name???) a gorgeous light pink color. I thought this color would be perfect for spring and summer!
windowsill decor
While waiting for the first coat of paint to dry on the ‘wooden box thing’ I painted the 3 mason jars white. I love the combination of white and light pink
windowsill decor
I applied a second coat to both the ‘wooden box thing’ and the jars. While waiting for those to dry I cut a good portion of the stems off of the faux flowers. This ended up being WAY harder than I thought, 10 minutes to cut just ONE of them. By the time I got to the third flower I figured out I could just snap the stem off..oh well, you live and you learn!!
windowsill decor
This is the finished result of my project! I am obsessed with how it came out Now onto the rest of how I decorated my windowsill…
windowsill decor
Here it is!!! SO much better! On the left I put 2 basic black picture frames (yes, I know they need to be filled - I am the queen of never actually putting pictures in the frames). On the right I put a candle from Bath & Body Works, a jeweled picture frame, a wire N, and 2 decorated wine bottles.

• Wooden Box  (Michaels)
  • Faux Flowers  (Michaels)
  • Mason Jars  (Michaels)
Nicolette Spargo

• Isabel Martinez

I have a window with another window in it and it has a small ledge , the window open up do you think I could put those jars on it?

• Sandra Allen

It would depend on the width of the shelf and the wooden box. You can also skip the box. But if you do this, don't bother with a craft shops. Go to Dollar Tree or thrift stores.

• Andrea R

Its so beautifully simple,in its best form. It almost looks as if there's a pink cellophane paper giving off the rosy glow. I wonder if a person could line the box with a colored sheets of cellophane paper,in whatever color and it would give off that glow,plus you can still view the jars inside the box,and just let that beautiful sunshine SHINE through!!

• Mary

I love it! I would add another jar, the same white on a pink wooden "pedestal" with maybe a small vine hanging down to the windowsill. I think it would balance it more. But, that's me and my kids tell me I tend to "overdo"......lol