Repurposed Medallion Into Pretty Mirror

74 Views
Hi Hometalkers !
I was walking around my neighborhood the other day and in the middle of the street I saw a ceiling medallion, it was trash day so I picked it up, brought it home, cleaned it up and then I did this...

Time: 4 HoursCost: $0.00Difficulty: Easy
  • repurposed medallion into pretty mirror
After I cleaned it up I knew I was going to paint it because it was plain white and I'm in color mode so I started to paint... then I thought, "Wait, what am I going to do with this? I don't need a ceiling medallion or an umbrella stand top ."
Well, I'll just see what it looks like after I paint it.
All the painting is done, now what? Maybe I'll put it outside... what about some lights? I have all kinds of different colors and types. Here are a few I was thinking about.
Yellow?
Blue?
Clear?
Red? What about lights and...
some glow in the dark Mod Podge?
hmm...
No , I decided to add glass gems in red and a small mirror! It sparkles in the light! I love finding things like this and making them pretty!
I'm not sure where I'll hang it yet, probably outside. My piles are getting smaller- still on the purge!

Thanks for looking, love comments!

out people!

Suggested materials for this project:

• Medallion  (Curbside find)
  • Paint  (on hand)
  • Glass gems  (on hand)

Ask a Question
      William Burbank, IL

This is different. This is creative. This is genius. It looks great. I make a lot of clocks and this idea would work for me.

• Jennifer
          Jennifer Elizabeth City, NC

Right, a clock, that is genius! I didn't think of that! I did think of table top with glass on top but I have enough small tables. Thanks William:-)

• Wendy
          Wendy

I love it Jennifer! Great idea :)

• Jennifer
              Jennifer Elizabeth City, NC

Thanks Wendy! I stepped out of my box, I usually don't do flowery type stuff ;-) Still don't know if I will keep it or give it away.