Holly Bertone | Pink Fortitude
Holly Bertone | Pink Fortitude
  • Alexandria, VA

All Natural Weed Killer DIY

$0

Did you know that glyphosate, used in Roundup, is one of the most toxic chemicals on the planet? There are plenty of all-natural ways to eliminate weeds. One of my favorite is this quick and easy weed killer DIY. It’s great to use on pavers, sidewalks, and gravel or stone areas where weeds pop through. Bonus – no harmful chemicals!
all natural weed killer diy
The ingredients are all simple products you already have in your home:
  • Watering can
  • Vinegar
  • Dish soap (all-natural) or castile soap
  • Salt
  • Water
all natural weed killer diy
This is not an exact science – approximate measures are totally fine. You will want to pour in about 1/4 of the watering can with vinegar. Then add about 2 TBSP or one squirt of the dish soap, and about 1/4 cup of salt. Again – no stress… a little more or less of anything and it will still work. Then fill up the remainder of the watering can with your garden hose. You may need to rest for a minute here and there to let the bubbles subside.

Also, I use a dedicated watering can for this so I don’t have to worry about cleaning it out to water my flowers.
all natural weed killer diy
Back to Roundup. It’s actually the brand name for a poison called glyphosate. Glyphosate is one of the most toxic chemicals known to man and is a patented antibiotic that destroys the good bacteria in your gut. With so much of our produce being sprayed with Roundup, that is why it’s important to purchase organic and/or non-GMO produce, and also to not spray Roundup near your home.

That is why I love this weed killer. It’s so simple and inexpensive and it works. All-naturally!
all natural weed killer diy
Want to see the entire DIY and a video in action? Be sure to click on the link below and head over the blog to see the article. I would love for you to stop by and say hello and let me know what you think!

Holly Bertone | Pink Fortitude

• Bobbi

What to use to kill weeds and wild flowers growing in your yard among your beautiful green grass

• Mpe34263985

how often does this process have to be done. can t be done on plants and vegitables

• Gwen Kaufman Stone Gentry

I'll be trying this on weeds that Roundup didn't quite kill and I like that its all natural. I really need to spray my entire backyard that is all weeds from bird droppings. Does anyone know if it will hurt my dogs?

• MiMi
      An hour ago

DOES NOT WORK!!! I’m sorry to say,, but this recipe and the one with added capcation (liquid arthritis rub) doesn’t work at all! Me and a friend tried doing our yards for 2 months last year (2018) and at first it seemed to work,, I was SO HAPPY! But didn’t phase them even after repeated doses on hot days, every way I read to try it. 😰😰 If anyone knows a TRUE trick to making this work, I’d love to know!! Thanks!!

• Annie Elkey

Thank you so much for this idea. Will try asap

• Miriam

Absolutly, it's a wonderful idea, no chemicals that harm our enviroment.