Painted French Provincial Triple Dresser

Some finishes were meant to last a lifetime.. just not a lifetime of abuse. My best friend had originally rescued this bedroom set and then decided it wasn't large enough for her room. So, I was tasked with bringing a lot of love, hard work, and a beautiful new life to this once beautiful French provincial triple dresser. I love the way she turned out. http://www.vintagecharmrestored.com/2014/01/painted-french-provincial-triple-dresser.html
General Finishes Java Gel stain, American Paint Company's Plymouth Rock, Navajo White and Modern Masters Oyster to accent.
painted french provincial triple dresser, painted furniture
Before
Before

• Sonia Burrows

Did you sand down the lower part or just the top? Did you use American chalk paint to paint the drawers, etc?

• Jet32898929

I'm trying this now,,, I wanted to know if you used the oyster all over? Or where exactly ? Did you use any kind of metallic paint? Whatbdis you use on the handles? And what did you use to seal it with? Thank you!!!

• Really well, Sonia! I sprayed them first with primer, let it dry 24 hrs then sprayed the silver and they have not chipped or worn in any way.

• Sorry Sonia, I just saw this now! The paint on the handles has stayed perfectly. I spray primer on them first (unless the paint has primer included) and finish with a touch of poly. No chips or wear!