Mr ATC
Mr ATC
  • France

How to Create a Nice DIY Floating Bathroom Shelf + Free PLAN

$15

For this project, I have been invited to work on a new bathroom design in Paris and the goal was adding a simple DIY floating shelf in this corner as you can see just right here which is measuring 23 cm large…The owner of this apartment couldn’t find the right furniture for this spot so ask me to design it…
To make this shelf you don’t really require a lot of tools, here I am making it with 2 pieces of lumber from 1 meter long, 20 cm large and 1.9 cm thick. Here Each of the 3 shelves will be cut at 20 cm large and 21 cm long in order to be inserted into the main back piece.
Nice and easy to make with our provided free plan

Check out the video for more information.

Add Me Here
And as you already know as soon when it’s about making, I am all IN!!!That’s the reason why, I’ve decided to share this project with you in case you find yourself experiencing the same problem at home…
meet floti shelfi
meet floti shelfi
I gonna  start by cutting the different shelves pieces first and note that for this I am using a minor saw but you could also use a handsaw or jigsaw depending of what you have available.
meet floti shelfi
To insert the different shelves, i am here taking some marks in order to cut using my router and making a deep cut at 0.7cm… then I decided to place the shelves to have a first testing look and also trace a line giving me their exact thickness to follow with my router.
Alright time to use the router! Here if you decide to use a router, remember to be very precise in order to cut just on the line.
meet floti shelfi
Here to make sure the shelves are staying in place and with an angle of 90 degrees, I decided to drill some holes in order to insert screws from the back (so when looking in front of the shelves, they should be invisible) and keeping this all creation strong and stable.Then I am sanding a little bit to avoid having any side particles while trying to slide the 3 shelves to the holes…
meet floti shelfi
For the finish, I’ve decided to use some invisible lacquer to keep the real wood texture and spirit as I really liked it.. Even if the color in the bathroom was mainly gray, i thought that adding a wood spirit with this DIY shelf could create a very nice additional design. And here we are with a cool DIY bathroom shelf. Guys as usual, remember that you will be able to find below in the video description links a free plan to this creation if you want to make it yourself.
meet floti shelfi
I really hope that you liked this project, and as usual, Mr ATC for another idea of housing!!!! See you next time and don’t forget to share, subscribe and comment below the video… Bye….

• Router
  • Drill machine
Mr ATC

• Darlene Wright

Oh! No question, just... hey that's cool. Real change up from what is usually shown. Looks good!

• Karen Hurst

I need a router.. LOL thanks for sharing this video and tutorial. As always you have made another beautiful and practical piece

• Lisa

How did you attach it to the wall?? It's beautiful!! Great job. I now know what to do in my bathroom corner

• Mr ATC

it's fixed to the wall with screws. Feel free to take a look at the video I am showing when making the holes

• Nico

Omg cool! Can I bor your tools !?

• Mr ATC

anytime!!!! join me at MyATCtv I am also giving tips on the tools I am using...

• Dre33725613

Love it .Wish I could make it but I am in a rental at present;will have to wait till I move

ve to my own place

• Nancy Jackson Kilgour

I have tile in my bathroom, nut have no storegethr amount of space I have without the tub is roughly 4x3. I have tiles from wall to ceiling. Ugh!