Sherrie
Sherrie
  • Nixa, MO

Picture frames, Cabinet Doors, Mirrors, Silver Trays, Recycle, ReUse,

Before I use new paint I have learned to practice with it. I buy samples or make my own. This time I am using Limestone Paint, form Limestone Paint Company. It's cheap and I love it! I practiced with Something Blue! On a Mirror, And Old Picture Frame. The second is a old cabinet door, painted with French Roast and watered down pewter. The last is a old silver cheap tray I used chalk Board Paint. Learned this from my friend Tina at the Christian Foundation! You could also use any paint, any home made paint. This helps be recycle reuse all my stuff. Makes cheap decor and lets me practice before I go to a large project. Those ugly gold frames and mirrors look different painted and distressed a little bit. Enjoy! The sun is out and I am happy!
Painted in Something Blue, sanded to show the gold, waxed and used aging wax.  I used Annie Sloan to wax, the aging wax is CeCe.
Painted in Something Blue, sanded to show the gold, waxed and used aging wax. I used Annie Sloan to wax, the aging wax is CeCe.
Painted in SomeThing Blue From The Limestone Paint Company.  Sanded so the gold peeks through white washed, and waxed!
Painted in SomeThing Blue From The Limestone Paint Company. Sanded so the gold peeks through white washed, and waxed!
Old silver Tray!  Chalk Painted and a little fun!  Especially for Dinner Parties!
Old silver Tray! Chalk Painted and a little fun! Especially for Dinner Parties!
Painted and hung I will put all the pictures in it later but you get the idea.  Finding stuff and making it better, usable!
Painted and hung I will put all the pictures in it later but you get the idea. Finding stuff and making it better, usable!
Old Gold Mirror Very Outdated
Old Gold Mirror Very Outdated
Old gold frame, I was half done when I remembered to take a picture.
Old cabinet door painted in French Roast

• Lyndall Link Stolle

Do you use the wax if you want to make the surface for a chalk board?

• Sherrie

No I use chalk board paint which is different from chalk paint. Hope that makes sense?