Hanging Wall Pots

$35

Your Plants can't live without this!!!Learn how to make awesome wall decor for your plants.

hanging wall pots
Okay so for the first step you will need to blow up your balloon and when tying make sure and tie in a thick rubber band to hang it by.
hanging wall pots
For the next step I used modeling clay. Separated it into 4 secitons and rolled each section out trying to keep the shape round.
hanging wall pots
Then wrap it around the balloon creating a satchel like effect.
Don't forget to tape them to the wall and leave overnight to dry.
hanging wall pots
For the next step I plastered the insides with plaster of paris. Giving it two thin coats.
hanging wall pots
Then I used resin to coat the inside.
hanging wall pots
For the straps I used recycled belts that I got from the thrift store.
hanging wall pots
Don't forget to visit my blog to see what products I used. This project took me three attempts testing different products before I found a combination that was durable enough and fully waterproof. Don't do the same mistakes I did.  My first attempt ended up smushed on the floor after the first night hanging.
hanging wall pots
What do you guys think?  Cute? I decided to give my pots drainage holes. This is totally optional but, surprisingly I don't find it that disturbing. My husband was super cautious about this and was trying to talk me out of it but, I took the chance because I know it's hard for plants to survive without drainage. I simply take the plants outside for watering or leave a towel on the floor below it for 10 minutes. As easy as that.
hanging wall pots
That's it for today. Thanks for tuning in.

hanging wall pots
To sign up for our DIY Newsletter click -- this link and 'Follow' along to be sure you don't miss one!' CHECK OUT MY RECENT DIYS HERE-- https://www.lilyardor.com/diy/

Lily Oleynik

• Hope

Hi Lily...

I am seeing this post for the first time and just am LOVING those cute little pots!! Thanks for posting this one! If you reply (I know it's been awhile since you originally posted) can you tell me how they have held up..?

Have a great day!

• June

Hi from Vancouver Island,,, Question, Can you resin the outside as well ?

• Tauheedah Gomes

Hi from California

if you air dry how long? I’d put Lilly in it

• Linda Pineau

Are so adorable! I’m definitely going to try this project. Thank you

• Sharon

Puta shallow layer of aquarium rocks at the bottom of the pot. Adda small handful of water beads in the bottom before you add soil. The water beads will absorb and hold the extra water. That should allow you to avoid drilling any holes in this cute pot.