DIY Chicken Wire Cloche

$6.00

It only takes about an hour and a half to put this together. An old lamp shade actually gives you a perfect frame for bell shaped cloche!
Found this lampshade at my local donation center/thrift store for $1.50. I chose this one because it was tall and didn't drape out to much at the bottom. You'll want to check to make sure the prongs are attached. Some lamp shades just keep it all together by the fabric. Once you remove the fabric shade it could fall apart so checking that is crucial. Unless you weld ;)
Cut out the chicken wire and attach it using zip ties. You'll end up with a cone shape. After cutting the excess off, bend the small edge under at the bottom and over on the top. If you want to add a knob like I did, you'll keep enough of the chicken wire at the top for it to attach too.
To secure it to the lampshade base, we cut extra pieces that were about 1" long from the extra chicken wire. You'll need several depending on how secure you want the chicken wire on the base.
Using pliers, just curl the extra pieces around to hold everything together making sure the opening is on the inside of the cloche. You don't want any sharp pieces hanging out.
I had extra knobs left over from a previous project. When choosing a knob, you'll need one that has a larger base so it doesn't just fall through the chicken wire at the top. It comes with a screw and a stem which is all you need to attach it to the chicken wire at the top. Cut off the screw if it bothers you.
On the blog post you can see how many different looks you can get just by changing out the ribbon. I love how the farmhouse feel of the chicken wire looks with a silver tray and silk ribbon. If you want to see the other looks, check out the blog post.

• Lampshade frame  (Thrift store)
  • Chicken wire  (Tractor Supply)
  • Drawer pull or knob  (Hobby Lobby/Craft Store)

Cindy Richter