Kitchen Update

When my husband and I were planning our wedding we decided not to register for wedding gifts. Instead we asked for gift cards to Lowes so we could get started on our long list of home renovation projects. Since we both already had homes of our own before we met, we figured we didn't need anymore toasters or coffee makers. After our wedding we got all of our gift cards and went to Lowes. We decided to redo the our existing cabinets with the Rustoleum cabinet transformation kit. We went with the chocolate brown. We also added some hardware to give the cabinets a slightly modern feel that would still blend well with the rustic look of our home. We chose the antique bronze finish. We also updated our appliances. The old beige refrigerator stuck out almost a foot so the counter depth fridge gave our galley kitchen a little more room. Our kitchen is still a work in progress. We plan to add a back splash but we have not decided what we will do yet.
We plan to change the lights.
We plan to change the lights.
We are thinking about putting some shelves between the upper cabinets. It will depend on what we do for the backsplash.
This was the original cabinet color.
This was the original cabinet color.
Definitely need to do something with that blank wall.
I plan to make a roman shade for that window just to soften it up a little.
We ended up making this table because we could not find a good quality table to fit the space and not break our wallet.
I love all the detail in the wood and the color contrasts very well with our cabinet color.

We custom build rustic furniture pieces like our pub table. Feel free to visit our Etsy shop. www.etsy.com/shop/applecreekfurniture
I love all the detail in the wood and the color contrasts very well with our cabinet color. We custom build rustic furniture pieces like our pub table. Feel free to visit our Etsy shop. www.etsy.com/shop/applecreekfurniture

• Lori Jackson

Gift cards to a home improvement store? Frickin' beautiful idea.

• Pat Cobb

JENNIFER... You are my hero! I love my kitchen, thanks to you! You will be my friend for life!