Asked on Jun 13, 2017

How do you get old dog wee stains out of the carpet?

Lyn HeafieldEarleneDarlene
+4

Janet Pizaro

Try natures miracle available at pet stores
  • JD
    JD

I've had luck using vinegar and baking soda.
  • Chickchoc
    Chickchoc

Whatever you use, make sure you thoroughly soak the carpet and pad to kill residual smell. Dogs have such sensitive noses they can detect very faint smells and will return to the soiled spot even if there is nothing apparent to human eyes or noses. Good luck!
  • Linda Sikut
    Linda Sikut

Chickchoc is right. When a dog/cat pees on the carpet, it usually goes down to the wood underneath. We ripped up old carpet when we first moved into our house and there were black marks from left over pee that stained the wood itself. You need something organic that will neutralize the organic pee. Here's one site to check out, but I'm sure there are more.

HTH
  • Darlene
    Darlene

When I had carpet I would use the spray carpet cleaner and it comes in pet carpet cleaner also.
  • Earlene
    Earlene

Scoe X10 from BioFog, Inc, available on line is enzymatic. Also, Quick and Bright can be mixed to clean carpets....add a little vinegar. It is a great cleaner and I have even mixed it to use in carpet cleaning machines; it does not leave a residue and the carpets are soft and order free when complete. There will come a time, however, when, no matter what you do, you will need to get rid of the carpet and start over......I recommend hard surfaces when you have pets......much easier to sanitize. Oh, yes. If the carpet is light colored, you might try adding Hydrogen Peroxide or a small amount of regular bleach to the clean water tank. And Rug Doctor is the best that I was able to find for the actual cleaner to maximize carpet cleanliness. Test cleaning concoctions w/any bleach product in an inconspicuous place before cleaning the carpet for real.....you probably wouldn't want it to bleach out if it is a darker shade.
  • Lyn Heafield
    Lyn Heafield

Many thanks to all I have used a rug doctor and seems to have worked