DIY Waterdrop Solar Lights

$15

Finally our side yard makeover is done. And oh boy, did it turn out beautifully! Hopefully, Greg will share the reveal pictures soon, but until then, I wanted to share something unique from our side garden: our new DIY waterdrop solar lights!
What do you think? Don’t they look lovely? You’d be surprised to learn how easy and quick it was to make these beauties. And being able to repurpose these useless watering globes I bought a couple of years ago was definitely a big bonus!
I say these watering globes are useless because they never worked for us. Every time I tried them with a house plant, the plant would die, while these little buggers sat there, stuck in the dirt and full of water. [In their defense, she kills every house plant she tries to care for :-) -Greg]  So they were a constant reminder of wasted money, but anyway, now they serve a way better purpose, don't you think so? ;-)

Ok, ok -  I know you are wondering how I made these lights, so let's get on with the tutorial, shall we?

I gave the materials list at the blog post. Once I gathered all the materials, I started by screwing the 1/2 inch elbow onto the 1/2 inch black pipe nipple.
Then I unscrewed the handle from the hose bib....

Before checking out the whole tutorial would you like to see how these lights turned out? Here are my beautiful lights during the day hours:
This is how they look in the early evening hours (when the solar lights just turned on):
Then later in the evening, when it is darker…

I really love our new DIY garden lights, and I hope you liked them too!

Should you have any questions please visit the blog post as you'll find a very detailed tutorial. Also there are more garden DIY posts which I am sure you'll enjoy, so make sure you visit us on The Navage Patch.

Thanks for reading and happy crafting!

Handan, xo

• Cable ties
  • Small pipe

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
15 Memorial Day Crafts
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Handan & Greg @ The Navage Patch

• Lari

have you guys tried selling these beauties? they're not just beauties >> they're GORGEOUS!Hanson,think he's a keeper hahaha

• 1cs1267

Yes, they are gorgeous. I might also be tempted to use battery powered lights as I don't have any areas in my garden that get much sunlight. Anyway, I guess I missed the part of the instructions which detailed how to attach the globe to the pipe??!!!! Please share.

• Mattie Farrll

were did you get the stand at I like them

• Juanna James

I tried to make it with the water globe, and since I had difficulties getting all the wired light into the globe, I decided to go a different route.

• Maureen Nilsen

Try this againHere is my version. I couldn't find a lamp base that would work so I just used regular pipe, an elbow and a metal flange. Used the holes in the flange to secure to the dirt in the planter