Celia Collier
Celia Collier
  • Tutorial Team
  • United States

Quick Patio Makeover

1 Material
$50.00

I live in a rental home with a decent covered patio, but I wanted to spruce it up a bit- without spending a lot of money, so here's what I decided to do.
quick patio makeover
Before
quick patio makeover

The patio does not have a lot of appeal. I measured the distance between each post and I thought of making curtains from outdoor fabric, until I saw the price. I needed six panels for my project. I remembered some curtains I purchased a few years ago at a yard sale just sitting in a cabinet.
quick patio makeover
1. I purchased three tension rods and hung the curtains.
quick patio makeover
2. I purchased the largest indoor/outdoor rug I could afford and added a small wood table (another garage sale find). I already had the folding chairs.
3. Add tie backs and call it done...for now!
I'm waiting for seasonal sales for planters, a proper patio set and a larger rug.
I plan to get three planters and position them between the posts. When outdoor furniture goes on sale, I will get a set, possibly a sofa and two chairs. And a larger rug.

• Six curtain panels, garage sale. Three tension rods and tie backs. Area rug.  (Garage sale finds; At Home.)

• Lee34188759

I added some small pepples to the seam to stop the wind from blowing my curtains at the bottom,it worked perfectly......nice job

• Pam

I bought white canvas paint cloths. Cheap, looks great.