Dumpster Dive Produces DIY Farmhouse Table

$30

About a year ago, a neighbor of ours was cleaning out their house and had a dumpster ordered. As I was passing by one day, I saw chunky table legs sticking out of the dumpster. I stopped the van and had to get out and check them out. They were solid, chunky legs that I knew would be beautiful on a farmhouse table. I rescued them immediately. The have been sitting in our garage ever since I grabbed them last year. I didn’t want to buy new wood and add them to the legs. I really wanted to create a table that had character and charm by using rescued wood.
Fast forward to about a month ago, when we were able to get a great deal on some tongue and groove barn wood. When we were picking it up, I told my husband that we were finally going to be able to bring the table legs to life. I painted the table legs white and we started working on the table top.
We attached the barn boards to the top of the legs and I used a {aff} HomeRight deck stainer to stain the boards. This made the process to easy!!!
Now these dumpster legs and rescued barn boards are beautiful!!!
This DIY farmhouse table took over a year to create, but it was so worth the wait!!!

10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
Lindsay Eidahl

• 19698379

Wow. That's lovely. Is the small piece that is underneath the big table a old magazine rack?

• 19698379

Yes. At first, I thought it looked like an old magazine rack.

• Ginger

Beautiful job and Beautiful Kitchen!! Just curious as to why you didn't distress the table legs to match the rest??

• Lindsay Eidahl

I didn't want to. This table didn't stay in our dining area, a friend bought it for her kitchen.

• Sarah Cook

That’s beautiful. Great find.