How to remove old blood from leather couch?

• KattywhampusLOL KattywhampusLOL on Jun 17, 2017
    Oh My Goodness! I personally would just use a mixture of cold water (NEVER HOT because it could set the stain) and some Dawn dish soap along with a dry rag and a damp rag to blot up to liquid from the couch until the spot is gone. I thought I would look up online what some other ways might be. Here are the links I found. Good Luck with this challenge!

and I found this advice also when I typed in you question verbatim: "...Blood stains are particularly difficult to get off leather objects. A dried in, blood stain may actually require professional care and even then, may not get completely removed. Catch a blood stain early before it seeps into leather and blot as much away as possible with paper towels. Then prepare a soapy solution with detergent and water and pour on the stain. Let it act on the stain for five to ten minutes and then rub away vigorously drying up the leather. Repeat to get better results. Modern detergents contain enzymes which help break away the blood stain. However too much water is bad for leather so you need to dry it completely after the process is completed. If the stain still does not go away completely, try to hide it underneath some polish."
  • Mir Graham Mir Graham on Jun 17, 2017
    Depending on the color of the leather, hydrogen peroxide watered down with cold water could work. I would try any option on an area of the couch that isn't seem so that you can see what getting the couch wet will do to the leather. Make a "test spot"
  • Betsy Betsy on Jun 18, 2017
    O.k., not going to ask how it got there, but give you an idea to try. This gets blood off of just about anything and is really cheap. It's hydrogen peroxide. You can get a big bottle for under a dollar at the drug store or market. Make a dimple, where the blood is, with your finger so you have a little concave area. Pour a little of the peroxide in there and let it foam. Blot, repeat until the stain is gone and it stops foaming when you pour more on. You don't have to use a lot. You may have to use a paper towel to work it around. It may look like it's spreading, but don't worry, it will even out. Works great on clothes, carpeting, etc. But, the peroxide may bleach your leather, so test a hidden place first, just to be sure it doesn't. Then, when you're done, put a leather sealant on. I would use some Vaseline. Rub it in and then wipe off really good. By the by, it will still fluoresce:)