Error loading player:
No playable sources found

Make Your Garage Door Look Like It Costs Thousands— With Paint

$32

I’ve seen tons of people doing garage door makeovers and I had to try my hand at it! It turned out to be painless and very economical. If you’re like me, you’ve got a Plain Jane garage that needs a serious facelift!
make your garage door look like it costs thousands with paint
Start off by cleaning your garage door, because these things get grimy! Once it’s all shiny and new-looking, grab your painter’s tape. 

I laid my painter's tape in straight lines along the top boxes of my garage door. It’s actually very simple once you see the process in the video. I made the style of windows I like most, but, as you can see from the technique, it would work perfectly well if you decided to try a different window style as well. 

Once all of my “windows” were laid out, I grabbed my black paint and put down a heavy coat within each of my taped-up squares. 

Doesn’t it look like magic as you watch the tape pulled away? It’s crazy what a few squares of paint can do for your old garage door. All my neighbors think I got a brand-new door, but they would be shocked if they knew how inexpensive this whole makeover was.

• Mary Duggan

What kind of paint did you use? Gloss enamel latex?

• I used Behr Premium Plus Ultra Paint & Primer in One Exterior Flat black paint bc I had it on hand and then went over it with Rustoleum Painter’s Touch Ultra Cover Premium Latex Paint Gloss Clear sealer.

• Ruth

Beautiful..please tell me paint type and the hardware items you purchased. My door is dark brown ...what do I do for color
    thank you

• Jennifer Morgan

What kind of black paint did you use? Its would be helpful. I see a few ppl have asked but no answers yet. Thank you.