Asked on Jun 19, 2017

How to make home made ant spray?

Vivadell arnoldAngela LeyKmdreamer
+7

• Just Retired
    Just Retired

• Here you go: 30 drops Peppermint essential oil, 10 drops Clove Oil, 15 drops Orange oil and 1/2 cup vinegar along w/1/2 cup water. Spray on the area and let dry. The pungent scent disrupts their pheromone trails.

• Granny
    Granny

put some grits out for the ants...dry grits...they will eat them and when they hit their stomach the grits will expand from the stomach moisture. Their stomach will swell.....DEAD ANTS ! You can clear out a big ole antbed in just a short while...they just work and work carrying those grits......but its all over when they eat them.
  • BillieandRob Linhart
    BillieandRob Linhart

The mixture that worked best for me was water, vinegar, and squirt of soap. It stops them dead in their tracks and I have no fears about my children being around it. Fill this bottle with about 3/4 water and 1/4 vinegar.
  • Cindy
    Cindy

COFFEE GROUNDS to get rid of ants. I always save grounds and let them dry. Sprinkle where the ants are "bugging" you and...no more ants. The first time I used the coffee grounds, the ant hill had no activity the next day. But...I had a "new" ant hill about 3 feet away from the original one. I put coffee grounds on this hill and it was gone the next day. By now if it has reappeared it is in the neighbors yard. I think it's fair trade for the poop that his dog left in my yard!
  • Dfm
    Dfm

borax and sugar in equal parts has worked for me.. sprinkled it around the foundation--no more ants.
  • Rachelle Gordon
    Rachelle Gordon

I have heard that borax and sugar mixed together equally helps. I also read that making a line around all doors with chalk works.
  • Kmdreamer
    Kmdreamer

Vinagae or bleach
  • Angela Ley
    Angela Ley

Fill a spray bottle with water and add approximately 10 – 15 drops of peppermint essential oil , sometimes called Peppermint Spirits. Ants won't cross the area because they hate the smell.
  • Vivadell arnold
    Vivadell arnold

Thank you Angela Ley , yes I know , but that does not get rid of them , I need something that they will eat and take back to there nest . I read some where like corn meal and sugar made into a paste . thanks any way .