DIY L-Shaped Farmhouse Wood Desk + Office Makeover

87K Views
Hey y'all! It's Lori! So, we have lived in our house for a little over a year but my office still wasn't finished! We DIY'ed the shiplap wall & the built-in bookcases but I still felt it wasn't complete. I needed a desk! I was on the hunt for the perfect desk... nowhere to be found! Then, I realized... Darryl & I could make this! I drew out what my vision was and my hubby said he could do it. In the video below, I show the whole transformation of my office!
Time: 2 DaysCost: $100Difficulty: Medium
So, of course when you DIY something... you have to look at the tools! We are Ryobi Nation for life! Absolutely love their tools!
  • diy l shaped farmhouse wood desk office makeover
So, of course when you DIY something... you have to look at the tools! We are Ryobi Nation for life! Absolutely love their tools! We like to draw out any DIY ideas we have. Well, I attempt to draw it out so Darryl can understand what I mean, he takes over and uses his artistic ability to draw it out... lol!
We legit spend at least 1 hour picking wood out. We have a process of the grain, color and all that. Also, we make sure the wood isn't warped. That's no bueno.
This was the design I chose for the desk top. I wanted something different. I loved the way it came out!
These Farmhouse legs are absolutely stunning. When I saw this, I was just in love. I couldn't wait to see my desk come together!
I felt if we framed the desk in, it would look better. I'm so glad I told Darryl to do this, it ended up making the desk look more complete.
It was my time to shine and stain this bad boy!
It's time to assemble it!
This is the finished look! I absolutely love it! It really makes my office feel so complete and rustic chic!

If you want to see the desk more, make sure you go check out my YouTube video!

Hope y'all liked it ;)

Suggested materials for this project: