Asked on Jun 19, 2017

What can I do on my patio that has cracked cement?

Norris720Lisa L SmithCyndi


I only have 50 to 75.00 and want to make my cracked cement patio look good

7 answers
  • Jan Clark
    Jan Clark
    on Jun 19, 2017

    If the crack is not too big, you can use masonry caulk to seal the crack. Very inexpensive. For invisibility, try silicone. Wider than 1/4 inch, you can use a fine cement mix and tint it if the cement is colored. Add water as per instructions and trowel it in.
  • Bobbie
    on Jun 20, 2017

    Check out They have lots of ideas for redoing and covering up cracks in concrete.. I'm sure you will something in your price range and project ability..
  • Wanda sinnema
    Wanda sinnema
    on Jun 20, 2017

    depending on your area.. you can always make it "living" .... Ground cover succulents around the edge and into the crevice work great for this. Buy 1-2 2 inch pots you like.. break off mini bits and push into the cracks.. every few inches..They fill in quite fast.. if they get to big or spread wider than you like,, just break off what you don't want there and move to another area.. NEVER toss any broken tidbits.. they grow very easily.. just put them in a spot that is in need of a bit of green..
  • Dysko7710
    on Jun 20, 2017

    After you fix the crack, they sell concrete stains and paints that you can use to update it, since you do it yourself, they are pretty affordable.
  • Cyndi
    on Jun 20, 2017

    Use them as vanes and paint the rest to look like a slab of marble, and don't be shy use lots of color to brighten it up as a feature. If there deep no problem! add tiny ground cover to add even more interest! Have Fun!
  • Lisa L Smith
    Lisa L Smith
    on Jun 21, 2017

    you can use concrete filler. If you don't like the difference in colors between your original and the filler you can get concrete stain and redo the entire patio so it's all the same color. Concrete stain is in the paint section and about the same price as paint.
  • Norris720
    on Jun 21, 2017

    Rhonda lacour- You can buy cracker filler in a Caulking Tube. Now depending on how wide the cracks are is the next question. This product can be found at Home Depot, Lowes or you local Building Supplier, Clean out the cracks before filling.
Your comment...