Asked on Jun 20, 2017

How to keep a Paint brush fresh with paint on it?

Castrang17RocksntwigsBirdhousesPamela Coffey
+6

What is the best way keep a paint brush with paint on it, fresh and ready to use for another day? I keep mine in the refrigerator, what do you do?
  • Jewellmartin
    Jewellmartin

I wrap mine in foil and stick them in the freezer. 😇
  • Laura Pulcino Zimmerman
    Laura Pulcino Zimmerman

Wrap it in grocery bags using tape to make an airtight seal. Works for rollers as well.
  • 13526476
    13526476

I wrap the brush or the roller in plastic, followed by foil and a large food storage bag, then place in the freezer. I pull the roller or the brush from the freezer and remove the food storage bad and foil before I set up everything to start painting. Once I'm ready to paint, I pull the plastic and off I go.
  • Elaine
    Elaine

Wrap it in foil and put it in the fridge. I also do oil painting but with my artist-type brushes, they are immediately dunked in no-odor turps then washed well in soap and water.
  • Cori Widen
    Cori Widen

Foil is best - fridge or freezer. Good luck!
  • Ginny
    Ginny

Wrap tightly in Saran Wrap. Should still be fresh and moist the next day.
  • Pamela Coffey
    Pamela Coffey

Tightly wrap in a plastic bag (ziplock, sandwich, whatever size fits)
  • RocksntwigsBirdhouses
    RocksntwigsBirdhouses

Tightly wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for short term storage. For long term they can go in the freezer.
  • Castrang17
    Castrang17

Thank you, appreciate all the ideas. I will definitely put your ideas to use.