Painted Porch Rug

$6
2 Weeks
Advanced

Have seen some inspiration online with folks painting awesome rugs on their porches, and wanted to try my hand at it. I'm semi retired and need some projects to keep me busy so I don't get old before my time!
Finished project before seal coating.
The "Before" pic.
This part took 2 days.  I just used an old angle of my husband's to draw in the lines.  I should have used painter's tape.  I was just too impatient to get started to run to the store!
Once the background was filled in, it was just a matter of slapping on some sunflowers.
Decided a funky border was in order.  The green border paint is a sparkly craft paint.
The heat of this late spring made me work on it a little at a time.  I decided it needed some blue, so I worked in some little forget me nots.
I stood on a chair to get this shot, and still wasn't tall enough to get it all in! I have lots of craft paint at home.  I bought a four dollar sample of the rust color paint at Menards.  It was plenty enough to do the background.  I also bought a two dollar bottle of sparkly green paint at Walmart for the border.  Total cost out of pocket was 6.00.
I'm happy with the finished product....now I don't have to worry about my rug blowing off the porch!