Dramatic Gallery Wall Makeover

$500

Turn a drab wall into a statement with your own gallery wall. Watch this stunning before and after!
Here's what the living room looked like before the makeover.
I laid all the frames and art work down on the ground first to get an idea of how I wanted to lay it out. I measured the wall and then taped out the space on the floor. It ends up shifting from your original idea, but it's a good starting off point.
Ladder is up on the wall! I got this old vintage ladder at a flea market for $30. It makes for a great statement piece as a bookshelf.
Frames going up up up!
Try and space your frames evenly and create an anchor horizon line, so that frames look they follow a cohesive design.
I purchased this chair (also on Craigslist) and paid to have it reupholstered. It's super comfortable.
Check out the video to watch the full transformation and get tips on how to build your own gallery wall!

PS: Please subscribe to my Youtube channel! for more sweet DIY projects. (It totally makes me day) :D
Make sure to check out an equally crazy kitchen remodel!
And here's my fireplace update!

30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time

• Jean C Andrews

You did a great job! Have you thought about having the frames the color, or maybe two of the same color?
  • Janet McCarraher

I want to paint my bedroom a soft yellow. What color was the wall before you painted it? Love the ladder idea.

• Mary

Go to Sherwin Williams and free paint booklet of their paint colors. They have every color imaginable in there. And remember that yellow will paint up to be more intense than the sample will appear so pick your color and go one paler to actually get the color you expect. My friend did yellow in her kitchen this way and it turned out beautifully. Good luck.

• Dee marie

Great job on your wall. I'm especially interested in the ladder. Did you take it apart first, if so how would I do that? I also want to use a ladder for my winter throw blankes.