ChrisGagnon
ChrisGagnon
  • Bay City, TX

(Twin) DIY Rustic Dog Bed

$5

If you have a pet, I hope you will love this DIYs Pallet wood Twin Dog Bed. I hope to inspire you to make something special and personal for your furry loved one. I was inspired when my neighbor said she could use a dog bed that two dogs could use sharing the space but dividing the dogs space at the same time. The dogs love it and I hope you will to.
This project started with a few pallets made from 1 x 4 in boards. These are easy to find at places that receive large things that need to be put into crates. I like using this material because there is not a lot of nail removal so I us it when I can. I also grab these board anytime I see them out by the curb. The only problem with this wood is that some time and in my case a lot of it is warped. One way to help with that is when you can cut the boards to shorter lengths like I did on the bottom of the bed. This will make the twisting and warping less noticeable.
I also use pocket screws and glue to put this project together. Thanks to some help I was able to sand the whole project down and make it ready for stain in a reasonable amount of time. We would not want those pets to get splinters.
After the final sanding I applied some carbon grey stain to the outside and inside.
This was a very fun project and I enjoyed building this dog bed for my friend and neighbors.
Feel free to message me with any questions that you may have about the project I will be glad to support you on yours.
Thanks friends for viewing my post.

You are going to love this Easy to Build Twin Dog be and they will to.
twin diy rustic dog bed
I went out to my local pallet stash and picked up some good old pallet wood.
twin diy rustic dog bed
This is what it looked like before the beautiful carbon grey stain was applied.
twin diy rustic dog bed
We Built this great Twin dog bed from reclaimed wood. Here is what it looks like the the cloth beds inserted
DIY TWIN DOG BED
DIY TWIN DOG BED
twin diy rustic dog bed
Here is the first cut for the bed as you can see this is pallet board that i need to get rid of the nails
twin diy rustic dog bed
Lots more cuts i need 16 of these 18 in long to make the bottom and the sides
twin diy rustic dog bed
got them all cut now were are ready to put them together
twin diy rustic dog bed
all the boards are glued together and now for one of the sides these are the same size as the bottom.
twin diy rustic dog bed
no that the sides and the back are on we can put in the partition these boards at the same length as the bottom and the other sides 18in long
twin diy rustic dog bed
Line it up and screw in down with pocket screws
twin diy rustic dog bed
Now it time to pun on the trim this was also pallet boards cut down to 1 1/2 in wide these will go around the bottom edge
twin diy rustic dog bed
the last thing is to put the trim on the top edge this is 1 1/4 in wide that give a small overhang from the top edge.

• Pallet wood  (trash)
  • Pocket screws  (store)

ChrisGagnon

• Carolyn

I love this but like the others, our dogs sleep with us. It would be great during the day because the little dog takes the big dogs bed!
  • Ethel Kirkpatrick

Nicely done and it looks fantastic! (and comfortable)