Easy Melt & Pour Lavender & Rose Soap With Gold Mica Powder

$30

I’ve been having so much fun making different varieties of easy melt & pour soaps and wanted to create one combing both rose and lavender, with some gold mica powder. Since I found a bottle of Rose Absolute essential oil, I have been experimenting with different soaps using it (see the plain rose soap tutorial over here). If you’ve never tried making your own melt and pour soap making, you’ll be shocked at how easy it is. You can use natural and organic soap bases so you know you are making toxic free soap. These make absolutely wonderful gifts!
  • 2 lb block of Goat’s Milk soap base
  • 2 lb block of Organic Clear Glycerin Soap
  • Silicone Mold    for 12 bars
  • Flower Silicone Mold
  • Rose Absolute Essential Oil   
  • Lavender Essential Oil  
  • Red & Blue Liquid Soap Color
  • Gold mica powder
  • Microwave Safe Glass Measuring Cup w/ Spout (having 2 on hand is easier for this recipe)
  • small spray bottle filled with isopropyl alcohol
  • Decorative tape, raffia,  burlap, and/or ribbon (optional)
This is enough to make 24 bars
We are going to be making this soap in 2 batches – one batch you will use goat’s milk soap for the inner shape with lavender scent. Then you will use clear glycerin for the gold sparkle rose scented layer on the outside.
Start by cutting up the goat’s milk soap into smaller cubes and placing them in your microwave safe glass measuring cup.  My Pyrex cup can only hold one pound of soap at a time – (half of what you ordered) which is enough to make 12 bars.
When your soap is cut into cubes, place in the microwave for (3) 30 second intervals, stirring in between each interval.  You may need a 4th time, depending on how full your cup is of soap.  Just be sure the soap is completely melted.
Then add 2 drops of red soap coloring and 2 blue.  If you want a brighter, more intense purple color, then double that amount of soap coloring.
Stir the blue and red until it is well blended into the lavender color you want.
Then add 20 drops of Lavender essential oil and stir well again.
Pour your lavender soap into the flower silicone mold.  I recommend not filling these all the way full.  That way they will be the same thickness  as the general bar mold shape you will place them in when they harden.
While you are waiting for the lavender flower shapes to cool, go ahead and start heating up your glycerin soap in 30 second intervals in the microwave.  Again, stir each time in between and microwave it until it’s fully melted – about 1 minute and a half to 2 minutes total.
Add 20 drops of Rose Absolute essential oil and a half of teaspoon of gold mica powder.  Stir well.
Wait at least an hour for the lavender soaps so harden.  Then pop them out of the mold and place them in the middle of the empty bar soap molds.  Then slowly pour the melted gold soap around the lavender shaped soap.
If you notice any bubbles on the top after pouring, you can give it a quick spray of isopropyl alcohol and the bubbles disappear.  That ensures a nice smooth bottom to your soap.
Let the bars full cool before attempting to pop them out of the mold.  I’d wait a few hours.
Here is one bar after it is cooled – I just love the pink and clear layers with the gold accent!!!!  This looks like very fancy soap that was super easy to make!!!  The little bit of extra effort to make an inner shape that is a different color combined with the gold mica powder makes these just beautiful!

Click over to my blog post (click blue "Go" button below) and you can also get FREE PRINTABLE SOAP LABELS pictured above! Cut these out and wrap them around each soap to make a beautiful finishing touch!

Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Maura White

• Tracy Turner

Does the gold powder dissolve in water?
  • Lokie

If you melt the glycerin soap while you wait for the lavender flowers to set up and it only takes a minute or two and then let the lavender flower set for a 30 minutes. Wont the glycerin soap be setting up by time the lavender flowers are ready?

• Jewellmartin

Or let the glycerin soap stay at a very low heat so that it stays melted, not boiling. Jewell

• Ranka Čordaš

Hello,I am from Croatia.In my country I can find everythig supplies,but I don't know what is mica powder.Please explain to me this or have you another option.Thank you for answering,and sorry for my bad english

• Maura White

Mica powder is used in make-up to give it sparkle - especially eye shadow. If you can't find mica powder, you could even crush up some eye shadow and try that instead!!