4th Of July Glitter Firework Jar Upcycle/ Utensil Holders For Cookout

$4

This is a cute way to display your utensils on the fourth of July cookout table and the best part is that it's easy and cheap! Do you have glue? Do you have jars? Do you have glitter? Do you have paint? Then you can make these cute jars for your 4th of July party!
Watch this video for extra ideas on how to use the jars and to see how I used them. This will also give you a step by step tutorial on how I made them, or scroll down to follow my written step by step. Let's get started!
Using a pouncer brush and acrylic paints in the colors red, white & blue... paint each jar a different color. Do not paint the rim as you don't want your utensils touching anything that's not safe to consume. I used acrylic paint by Plaid Apple Barrel. If you buy them at Walmart, they are only $.50 each!  Let them dry and add as many coats (letting them dry between each coat) until they are opaque.
Give all three jars a coat of Mod Podge to seal them. Set them aside to dry. Put in front of a fan to speed up the process. I used Mod Podge Gloss and only coated where I painted. So I left the rim as is, clear of paint and glue.
With a marker, draw out the fireworks. Draw a cross, then an X, slightly smaller over the cross and try lining it up to the center as best as you can. Finally, add all the little bits around it, draw little lines further out in between each line. Draw these all over the jar in different sizes. Do this to all the jars.
Trace one whole firework out with glue. Including the little bits around it.

Cover it with glitter and tap off the excess glitter when done. You can use paper underneath to catch all the excess glitter so you can put back into the containers when you're done. I used blue, red and silver glitter for the white jar.
Red, silver, white glitter for the blue jar. Blue, light blue and silver for the red jar.

Once they are FULLY dried, use a brush to get as much of the excess glitter off as you can. Because you used Mod Podge to seal the jar, it has some tackiness to it and the glitter will stick. I used my finger nail to scrape off the glitter I couldn't get off with the brush. Just to get any heavy glitter around the fireworks off. You want to be able to see the nice defined lines you made.
Lastly, using a hot glue gun. I hot glued a piece of red bling wrap, from the dollar tree, onto the rim of all three jars and you're done!
Now all you have to do is put your utensils in them and they are ready for the table! These are simple, cute and very cheap to make. This just adds a little something extra to your table setup and it's better than just throwing your utensils in a plastic bin or on top of the table. If you like my DIYs, come stop by my YouTube channel and see all my other DIYs. Hope to see you there! Happy 4th of July!!

• Glitter (Blue, Light Blue, Silver, White, Red)
  • 3 Empty Sauce Jars
  • Acrylic Paint (Red, White & Blue)  (Walmart)

17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth

To see more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaFUr1YbyBfjFKxmhbr_Gfg