Just the Woods, LLC
Just the Woods, LLC
  • Staten Island, NY

Freshening Up Outdoor Adirondack Chairs With a Paint Sprayer

$125

Our backyard Adirondack chairs are worn, weathered and wobbly. I'd been avoiding painting them because painting anything with spindles or slats are a pain, to be honest. But a paint sprayer will definitely make things easier. This project is sponsored by HomeRight, all opinions are my own.
We had originally bought these chairs as a kit that we had to put together ourselves. They sit out back in front of the chiminea/ fire pit area which has become our 'go to' spot for relaxing on summer nights.
I've been told that I make a mess when I work so I made sure to protect the lawn with a simple plastic tarp held down by fancy weights aka yard garden gnomes.
I've been lucky enough to try out the brand new HomeRight Finish Max Extra paint sprayer. Not to be confused with the Finish Max that we already know and love. The new Finish Max Extra is even better and you don't need to dilute your paint! Insert happy dance.
I grabbed the leftover paint that was used on our shed project. (We recently built our own shed from scratch and you can see that project HERE if you'd like - http://www.justthewoods.com/how-to-build-a-shed/) The paint is an Exterior paint from Behr called Anonymous. I simply stirred and filled the paint container on the paint sprayer. The chairs were sprayed to a fresh soft gray and the process was easy peasy. You can see a video of the sprayer in action on my blog here - http://www.justthewoods.com/painting-adirondack-chairs-homeright/
The chairs are back in place in front of the fire and ready for relaxing summer nights. To see more photos, as well as the video, make sure to check it out on the blog - http://www.justthewoods.com/painting-adirondack-chairs-homeright/

You can find the finish max extra paint sprayer here - (affiliate link) http://amzn.to/2sVZYA2

Just the Woods, LLC

• Ghi22279354

Since old weathered chairs weren't cleaned or sanded all that paint will fall off very quickly. Bad idea to spray over a weathered finish!!!
    • Susan Lundquist

Have to check out that sprayer. And yes, I too would have power washed the chairs first, but that’s just me...signed the princess of prep, AKA the princess of procrastination ...

• Pat25009184

I have 1 of these weathered chairs. It is my husbands. He loves it. Problem is that one of the chair arms is to broken to fix. We have tried. Anywhere to order the arms for this chair or is it cheaper to go ahead and order a new one to put together? He absolutely loves it.
    • Jerry

Don't know where you are, but here in CA there is a tool outlet named Harbor Freight Tool Co. They sell (or used to) these chairs in a put together kit for around $30. You could find them on the web. They will ship. For that price, it's hardly worth repairing.

• Rockee Montana

What kind of wood are those chairs?
    • Rockee Montana

I have one in the same shape. But after sanding a small section I found out it was teak. This one is going to be a tough one to sand, especially between the boards. Thanks.