L. Risor
L. Risor
  • Mexia, TX

Western With a Twist Breakfast Nook Bench

A client wanted custom seating for her semi round breakfast nook, so I built a bench for her round glass table then covered her chairs and barstools to coordinate with some faux leopard upholstery fabric, turquoise fuax leather, and fuax rough leather, then trimmed with a sassy red and gold trim for a touch of spice.
I built this bench and upholstered to spice up a western or rustic decorated breakfast room.
I built the bench frame with 2x4's and plywood and added turned feet for a little western elegance
I upholstered using a variety of fabrics and a shimmery red and gold trim to add a little spice.
Empty space...
Empty space...
The bench I built after I upholstered it, in place with the owners dining chairs
I found shorter back chairs and added antique gold finials, and I reupholstered with a sassy skirt, and corset back that I tied with turquoise ribbon I laced thru eyelet grommets that I added for some more sassy style.
Corset chairs I reupholstered
Corset chairs I reupholstered
I painted and upholstered the bar stools to coordinate.

• L. Risor

Treva Holmlund thank you in particular for being a strong woman who makes me very proud and inspires me to be a strong woman also, who works very hard as well as stands up for what is right rather than quietly taking it when someone is out of line! Your courage and strength is admirable!

• Treva Holmlund

Awww Lynn you do beautiful work...and I love seeing it.... we all have our own style but I learned a long time ago you get more with sugar than you do with salt.... the Military taught me well :) Some just need to go back to school and learn the basics of being kind or keeping their mouth shut ...usually the ones that talk trash can't do anything anyways so I've found out.... it's their own self esteem that is bothering them... not what we do.... enjoy what you do and have a great day and ty for your kind comment