Tin Can Recycled Into an Adorable Washboard

$2

I don't know about you but we have a huge collection of tin cans just waiting to be recycled into something different. Like this big coffee tin.
The wavy lines reminded me of those antique washboards. What do you think? To make the washboard we cut the tin can in half using tin snips and then removed the bottom half.
We needed to straighten or flatten the bit of tin and found the best way to do it was to use a rolling pin. But a rubber hammer or a sneaker works too. Just smack it lightly on a flat surface.  Please be careful. The edges of the tin are quite sharp, so wear gloves and use a file to smooth the rough edges out once it's flat.
We built a wooden frame from pallets and stuck the piece of tin onto the frame, using some hot glue.
Add a gorgeous graphic and some buckets .........
And you have an adorable washboard that just perfect for a small bathroom or guest house.
I'd love to know what you think of the little washboard. Is it something you'd add to your bathroom decor? We used the other half of the tin can to make this little outhouse for our toilet paper.

If you'd like to make something similar, the plans and tutorial for the washboard can be found here and the little outhouse is here. Come say hi if you get a chance.

25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Michelle Leslie

• Deborah

How to make washing detergent

• Trudi

I love it!! Going to make one for my laundry room. Will be perfect place to hang those lost and found socks. The toilet outhouse is really cute too. Have lots of tin cans, as I have been saving to make an out house and use for the roof. But were do you find the ones with ridges? All our coffee comes in plastic.

• Trudi

Love everyone's helpful hints. And the tin can roof has been caned. Pun intended. After cutting 5 cans (with my arthritic hands), I gave up. Would have needed hundreds of the cans to do this.

• Lucy Marie Bernier

I think this pic might be better?