Tin Can Recycled Into an Adorable Washboard

$2

I don't know about you but we have a huge collection of tin cans just waiting to be recycled into something different. Like this big coffee tin.
The wavy lines reminded me of those antique washboards. What do you think? To make the washboard we cut the tin can in half using tin snips and then removed the bottom half.
We needed to straighten or flatten the bit of tin and found the best way to do it was to use a rolling pin. But a rubber hammer or a sneaker works too. Just smack it lightly on a flat surface.  Please be careful. The edges of the tin are quite sharp, so wear gloves and use a file to smooth the rough edges out once it's flat.
We built a wooden frame from pallets and stuck the piece of tin onto the frame, using some hot glue.
Add a gorgeous graphic and some buckets .........
And you have an adorable washboard that just perfect for a small bathroom or guest house.
I'd love to know what you think of the little washboard. Is it something you'd add to your bathroom decor? We used the other half of the tin can to make this little outhouse for our toilet paper.

If you'd like to make something similar, the plans and tutorial for the washboard can be found here and the little outhouse is here. Come say hi if you get a chance.

Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Michelle Leslie

• Deborah
    Deborah

How to make washing detergent

• Trudi
    Trudi

I love it!! Going to make one for my laundry room. Will be perfect place to hang those lost and found socks. The toilet outhouse is really cute too. Have lots of tin cans, as I have been saving to make an out house and use for the roof. But were do you find the ones with ridges? All our coffee comes in plastic.

• Michelle Leslie
      Michelle Leslie

Oh Trudi, I'm so sorry. How I wish I could ship you an already cut can for your roof. Sending love for those hands of yours and for you too

• Lucy Marie Bernier
    Lucy Marie Bernier

I think this pic might be better?

• June
      June

Very cute way to use an old bike tire rim. Gives a great way to use them.