How To Create A Side Table/Plant Stand Using Dollar Tree Supplies

$7
1 Day

If you’re looking for a side table or plant stand for your home that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg this is a great alternative. I’ll show you step-by-step how to make one using Dollar Tree supplies. Be sure to take a look at the full video tutorial below to get more details and the supplies you will need.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Be Sure To Checkout The Video Above - You Will Be Surprised Of What Is Used

Let’s get started! First, I spray painted the baskets. It’s optional but I recommend doing this to get the modern look. The paint should be dry within 1 to 2 hours. To be on the safe side, be sure to check the dry times on the back of the paint spray can.

Second, flip the basket over and add glue to the top.
Third, place another basket on top of it (right side up).
Next, remove all of the contents from the inside of the frame. I wanted the frame to be the same color as my baskets so I decided to spray paint it.
I removed the tabs on the back of the frame and added hot glue on the inside to help secure the glass to the frame.
Next, I added glue to the top of the basket.

Then, placed the frame on top. It’s optional to glue the frame to the table. If you decide not to glue it, you will be able to use the inside for storage. It’s totally up to you.
That’s it!! You have a modern side table/plant stand. I absolutely love how it turned out. I’ve saved so much money doing this. 

Happy Crafting!!

• Kar2748636

Are the baskets metal or plastic?
    • Joann Crefasi

She said Dollar store plastic but the materials link is for 3pc set of expensive WIRE baskets that NEST that are expensive and are 3 different sizes and do not pair for stacking. I would get 2 wire baskets of the same size from Dollar Tree or Dollar General which would be sturdier than the plastic baskets for sure!

• Claudia Ioanes

This looks cute what type of basket metal plastic.
  • Debbie Cowan

Why replace the glass with plexiglass??

• Jill Ron Pike

Safety reasons...the plexiglass won't shatter, and the glass used in those dollar store frames is pretty fragile

• Kathy Kovacev

Super cute. I'm off to the Dollar store now.

• Noreen Schaan

Wonderful idea! Bravo on such a clever and easy way to make this one happen! I love this idea! Thanks for sharing this awesome idea and keep on DIY'ing..oh yeah! 😊💖👍