How To Make Glass Glitter Magnets

$20

Today I’m going to show you how to make glass glitter magnets – a frugal and sparkly way to hold and display artwork on your refrigerator!
I stumbled on this project when I had inadequate magnets on my fridge that weren’t strong enough to hold my daughter’s preschool artwork made on construction paper, My husband told me I needed some rare earth magnets to hold them up. Rare earth magnets are much stronger than the traditional black magnets I previously had. I did a little google searching and found some rare earth magnets that I could use and glue onto something and turn them into cute refrigerator magnets! I already had a bunch of flat glass marbles (or glass gems) and got some glitter nail polish and went to work. Now that they are on my fridge, it gives my daughter’s already adorable preschool artwork a glittery touch as it is held up and displayed.
These won’t take you long at all to make – and you can make many in just a short amount of time!
Supplies needed to make your own glitter glass magnets:
Flat glass marbles (or you can get a bag of them at the Dollar Tree for $1.)
Nail polish that has a lot of glitter in it
Rare Earth Magnets
Liquid Fusion Urethane Adhesive
To make your own glitter glass magnet, start by picking out your favorite glittery nail polish and put on a generous coat on the flat side of the glass gem.  I advise letting that fully dry overnight before you glue on your magnet.
Once your nail polish has fully dried, then add a tiny dab of this Liquid Fusion Urethane Adhesive on top of the nail polish.
Gently place one small rare earth magnet onto the glue.  Let this sit over night until it is full dry before you attach this to a magnetic surface.
I like to make these in batches at a time – I’ll put nail polish on around 30 glass gems, and then glue on the rare earth magnets all in one batch.
The rare earth magnets are so strong that you need to keep each magnet at least 6 inches away from the other magnet, or they will attract to each other and not dry onto the glass gem.  They are a bit tricky to work with when you first try them.  It will get easier with time to get used to the small and powerful little magnets!

You read that I like to make “batches” of these – so you may wonder what I do with all of the glitter glass magnets that I make?!
I actually sell these in sets in my Handmade Amazon Shop called Magnet Menagerie!!
My shop includes a variety of decorative refrigerator magnets – not just glitter glass magnets.  My number one seller are actually these butterfly magnets.  
I also use these magnets for these DIY magnetic boards to hold on laminated inspirational messages.  You can either make your own magnet board, or check out the ones I have for sale over at Magnet Menagerie. 

These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Maura White

• Carmen

Yes is gaet ideas but I like put the ideas in facebook.

• Nancy

I would have thought the nail polish would have been enough to glue the magnet on.

• Maura White

I have found Nancy that the nailpolish isn't as strong as the adhesive made for glass. The nailpolish won't be strong enough to told the magnet to glass.