Barbara Turner
Barbara Turner
  • Chesterfield, VA

Tired of That Old Wallpaper? Check Out What I Did to Our Master Bath!

This peach wallpaper is what our builder of our homes put in our M. Bath. Mom had the M.Bdrm for many years and my husband and I had another room. We had to emer. move her into our home years ago. I won't go into details. When she moved in with our daughter, she had already had our daughter paint the walnut colored vanity a very very light sage green which is still the color and fine by me. HOWEVER I couldn't stand that peach fabric style basket weave wallpaper so I patched all blemishes with joint compound, (not spackling) then sanded it down with a 60 grit sandpaper, finesanded it with a 120, then painted it with primer, then lightly buffed that and painted it with some left over Sage green paint I had left over from what I had done in the kitchen. Here are before and after pics. Enjoy!
Here's the blah peachy colored basketweave wallpaper that was originally with the house.  We are the only owners of this home btw.
Here's the blah peachy colored basketweave wallpaper that was originally with the house. We are the only owners of this home btw.
Here I have gone around and joint compounded and sanded and buffed smooth any blemishes, nail holes, etc.
Allowing all the j.compound to "cure"  -  I was told by my dad years ago to allow this so it wouldn't be damp.
Allowing all the j.compound to "cure" - I was told by my dad years ago to allow this so it wouldn't be damp.
Note the old light fixture,  mom put that in.  Not my taste! LOL
Note the old light fixture, mom put that in. Not my taste! LOL
Our daughter did an excellent job on the vanity,  I however, put these hinges and handles on myself.  Dark ones were on there.
Our daughter did an excellent job on the vanity, I however, put these hinges and handles on myself. Dark ones were on there.
This is after I've painted the warm Sage green paint, (what I have in the Kitchen) that was left over.
Here I've changed out the light fixture to a more simple brass 3 round bulb fixture.
Here the bath redo is done HOWEVER  I'm still fighting with myself over what to do with that 25 lb mirror!  I'm debating whether to just rehang it or get it cut down & framed with the wood finish that's on the switches.
Here the bath redo is done HOWEVER I'm still fighting with myself over what to do with that 25 lb mirror! I'm debating whether to just rehang it or get it cut down & framed with the wood finish that's on the switches.