Chris Berry
Chris Berry
  • Garden City, ID

Cut Ins Like a Pro

$40

How to cut in a ceiling lines like a professional painter. A simple how to video to improve your line painting skills.
Gather your tools together including a 2 gallon paint bucket, 1 gallon bucket grid, 4" paint roller, and a 3" high quality paint brush. All the tools I use are available in my Tool Store on my website: www.theidahopainter.com
Purdy Clear Cut Brush
Purdy Clear Cut Brush
Get ready to paint by loading up your brush and roller
Keep a loose grip
Keep a loose grip
Hold your brush like a professional painter
Hold your breath while cutting.
Hold your breath while cutting.
Start away from your cut in and work up to it.
Keep brush out of paint
Keep brush out of paint
Back roll your cut ins and hold your brush in your bucket like a pro.
After cutting in about 3'
After cutting in about 3'
Back roll to create same finish on the wall that the roller will leave.
cut ins like a pro
Win a Titan Airless sprayer on my website. Hurry contest ends when I hit 100,000 subscribers on my YouTube channel. Lots of other tool giveaways there also. Will be given away on my live show which is every Monday 7pm mountain time.
cut ins like a pro
For more cut in tips visit my YouTube channel "The Idaho Painter" or visit my website: www.theidahopainter.com

• 2 gallon paint bucket  (My Tool Store)
  • 3" Purdy Clear cut paint brush  (My Tool Store)
  • 1 gallon bucket grid  (My Tool Store)
Chris Berry

• Kar13968571

we have popcorn ceilings. what is the best way to make a clean edge on popcorn?

• Chris Berry

We would take a painter's tool (a 5-in-1) and create an edge (similar to the pencil trick but a little tighter).

• Franb

What is the best and easiest way to fix cracks in plaster walls? I heard you have to widen the crack, use a bonding agent (contractors call it Milk), then use Durabond. This is so the cracks won't come back. I've seen vids where caulk is used.

• Franb

Andrew, the house was built in 1941, so its definitely not drywall plaster. Chris gave me the correct answer. Its the same thing I've been told by other experienced trades people. Thank you!

• J.b. kelly

Ithanks for the tips,what color did you use , I love it