How often and how much do you water indoor succulents?

+5
I have some beautiful succulent arrangements inside my house. I just can't seem to find the right amount of water to give them without killing them.

• Audrey Audrey on Jun 25, 2017
    Water when dry. They need very little water but the bonus is the more water you give them the larger and faster they will grow!
  • Bam24686315 Bam24686315 on Jun 25, 2017
    I probably don't do what the experts say but I rarely water mine. Some only a few times a year. During the winter I use a humidifier in the room where they are and that seems to be all they need.
  • Johnchip Johnchip on Jun 25, 2017
    3 rules of succulents: drainage, drainage, drainage. I have mine in trays. I water until the tray begins to show water drain. Then let go until the soil is dry to the touch or all water has evaporated from the tray. About once a week for the harder firm ones, twice week for more delicate ones. The trick is not to let the roots be soaking in water in their containers. Drainage is essential. ( The advantage to succulents is most can tolerate 'bad parenting' and will survive when you vacation or forget for a couple weeks.)
  • Cori Widen Cori Widen on Jun 25, 2017
    Only when they seem dry!
  • Barbara Best Thomas Barbara Best Thomas on Jun 25, 2017
    The arrangements have no hole in the bottom. That could be the problem. Other answers seem to conflict with each other. Thanks so much for all advice!
  • Claude Claude on Jun 25, 2017
    Consider where they are in your home..bright lights, sunny? They are succulents and don't need much water. Ask where you purchased the arrangements? Or a florist?
  • Judith Judith on Jun 25, 2017
    I, too, am an overwaterper but I have learned to leave my succulents alone and water only when dry.