Lisa - Condo Blues
Lisa - Condo Blues
  • Columbus, OH

DIY Insulated Garage Door

Instead of laying out big bucks to replace my perfectly good but uninsulated garage door, I insulated my current garage door. It makes a difference and helps extend the time I can work in my unheated garage workshop.
The insulated garage door. It keeps the garage cooler during the summer and warmer during the winter.
I used a kit that came with pre cut rolls of insulation and fasteners.
I stuck one fastener to my garage door, cut a slit in the panel and attached the other side of the fastener.
This is how the fasteners fit together.
This is how the fasteners fit together.
Lisa - Condo Blues

• Lisa - Condo Blues

My unheated garage was warmer with just the door insulation. A year later I insulated the walls which also made a difference. The ceiling is still uninsulated and the garage unheated. Like I mentioned, the insulation extends the time I can use my workshop by a couple of months in winter and spring. I didn't say that it was completely toasty warm and able to work without a coat in below zero weather in the dead of winter.

• Peg

This Spring we are going to insulate all walls in garage & hopefully that it help. Our garage is attached to a laundry room coming into the house & is cold!