How to wire a 50 amp. Breaker to your electrical box when it's full?

We decided to buy a heat pump for the swimming pool.
Looking at my electrical box I notice I have no more space to wire a 50 amp. Circuit breaker.
How and what do you do in this situation.
Thank you for your input, D. Palmisano

  7 answers
  • Get your checkbook out - you need a new panel. And allow for expansion, I always have at least 6 unused slots - today people run so many electrical devices and appliances, you do not want to overload any one circuit. Only hire a licensed professional, safety first, your family is to important.
  • Maryeppinette Maryeppinette on Jun 25, 2017
    Call an electrician......that's a good way to kill yourself
  • William William on Jun 25, 2017
    I agree! If your circuit box is full you need and upgrade to a higher amperage circuit panel. You should always have at least three to four empty spaces for and upgrades or add ons. Call an electrician.
  • CeeJay CeeJay on Jun 25, 2017
    Call an electrician - this is a job for a licensed electrician, not just someone who "knows" electricity. There's a national code book that HAS to be followed. This is one of those times when it's worth doing it right.
  • Holly Kinchlea-Brown Holly Kinchlea-Brown on Jun 25, 2017
    Definately electricians job, not a diy....
  • Pal26265063 Pal26265063 on Jun 25, 2017
    Don't ever email me .
  • Rick Bucy Rick Bucy on Jun 27, 2017
    If you are out of space you will need to make a sub panel attached to your main panel. Make sure that you haven't over amped you service. An electrician can answer that question.