Quilt Rack Turned Outdoor Planter

$20

This is a quick and easy project that will add a little something different to your backyard.
quilt rack turned outdoor planter
I gathered all my material for this project and took it to my backyard where I would be working on it. Quilt rack, plant container, an old belt and paint.
quilt rack turned outdoor planter
I painted the rack in Artful minds Outdoor Paint from Michaels in Harbour View Blue.
quilt rack turned outdoor planter
Here it is painted. You will need two coats.
quilt rack turned outdoor planter
Next step is to spray paint your container . I did this in a Hammered Grey. This step is optional. You can leave it the original colour if you prefer.
quilt rack turned outdoor planter
Next I took my belt, measured around my container then cut to desired length. Using my screwdriver and 3/4 " wood screws attached the belt to the inside of the quilt rack. You are going to make a saddle.
quilt rack turned outdoor planter
Here is what it should look like. Attach the other side, and do the same with the other piece of your belt.
quilt rack turned outdoor planter
Here it is finished. You now have a saddle for your container.
quilt rack turned outdoor planter
Next step is to plant your flowers in your container. I used red geraniums , some trailing ivy and lobelia.
quilt rack turned outdoor planter
Place your container into the saddle and you now have an amazing outdoor planter.

• Quilt rack
  • Artful Minds Outdoor Paint Harbour View Blue  (Michaels)
  • Plant container