Quilt Rack Turned Outdoor Planter

177K Views
This is a quick and easy project that will add a little something different to your backyard.
Time: 2 HoursCost: $20Difficulty: Easy
  • quilt rack turned outdoor planter
I gathered all my material for this project and took it to my backyard where I would be working on it. Quilt rack, plant container, an old belt and paint.
  • quilt rack turned outdoor planter
I painted the rack in Artful minds Outdoor Paint from Michaels in Harbour View Blue.
  • quilt rack turned outdoor planter
Here it is painted. You will need two coats.
  • quilt rack turned outdoor planter
Next step is to spray paint your container . I did this in a Hammered Grey. This step is optional. You can leave it the original colour if you prefer.
  • quilt rack turned outdoor planter
Next I took my belt, measured around my container then cut to desired length. Using my screwdriver and 3/4 " wood screws attached the belt to the inside of the quilt rack. You are going to make a saddle.
  • quilt rack turned outdoor planter
Here is what it should look like. Attach the other side, and do the same with the other piece of your belt.
  • quilt rack turned outdoor planter
Here it is finished. You now have a saddle for your container.
  • quilt rack turned outdoor planter
Next step is to plant your flowers in your container. I used red geraniums , some trailing ivy and lobelia.
  • quilt rack turned outdoor planter
Place your container into the saddle and you now have an amazing outdoor planter.

Suggested materials for this project:

• Quilt rack
  • Artful Minds Outdoor Paint Harbour View Blue  (Michaels)
  • Plant container