Rustic Laundry Room Reveal

$200

I am thrilled to share with you our new and improved laundry room! We have been wanting to give our laundry room a makeover for a long time now, and finally just had enough with the space. It wasn’t very functional nor aesthetically appealing. Having two boys under three we do a lot of laundry (boys are dirty), and I found myself in the laundry room often daydreaming about what the room could amount to. So…with a lot of help from my husband we made that dream into a reality (with some hiccups along the way of course). Let’s take a look at where it all started!

And here we are now!
The first step was removing the fluorescent light. The light gave us a serious headache, so we wanted that out of the room first and foremost because we knew we would be spending a lot of hours in this room working on it. My dad switched it to a flushmont for us. I really could not believe how easy it was, and was kicking myself we hadn’t changed it sooner! It did leave two small holes in the ceiling, but that was easily patched and painted. I am in love with that light, I just think it’s made for this room.

Next, was dealing with the walls. Once we added the faux (plywood) shiplap to the entire room, we decided against replacing the utility sink and vanity as originally planned. I spent so many hours trying to find the right vanity and sink and could not find anything to fit in that space or when I did it went very over budget. So, we decided on Plan B and painted the existing cabinet, changed out the old faucet, and really cleaned the sink. This saved us a huge expense and I am completely satisfied with the turnout. Our biggest cost was the plywood for the room (which wasn’t that much), so this room was super budget friendly considering what a huge impact it makes now.

I ordered these prints from Lettered and Lined on Etsy, before we even started working on the laundry room. I knew they would just be perfect for over the sink. I love the contrast of the black and wood frames against the shiplap. The prints are so beautiful alone, that I wanted just a simple frame for them. I found those wooden frames at Hobby Lobby for $2.50 each! 
After all the painting was done (shiplap and vanity), it was time to hang the shelves. I stumbled upon these beautiful shelves from World Market and could not put them in my cart fast enough. I love the dark wood with the rough edge against the clean white shiplap. These shelves are sooo easy to hang if you choose the World Market matching brackets. Of course I chose different brackets! But I really was set on these black ones from Home Depot to really play up the contrast against the white walls. We then added our everyday items back in and decor. I have had those washboards from different antique shops lying around for years and am so happy to finally have a permanent home for them!

The two woven baskets have all of our dog’s things and the other basket has extra cleaning products. I put the rest of the items that used be on the old ugly shelves under the sink. It is much easier to access them there and looks much cleaner and organized. I also added those fun metal canisters from IKEA for pretty white flowers and I use the other one to put the lint from the dryer into. When it gets full I just simply dump it!
I love the beadboard drying rack against the shiplap! We use these hooks as extra hanging space in the winter and I dry towels here in the summer. Before our dogs food bowl was a complete eye soar and now his storage container and bowl add to the decor. I can’t get enough of his cute little setup now!
Can you believe that is the same room? This is truly my happy place! For all the sources and details on our rustic laundry room visit me @ http://www.raisingrustic.com/rustic-laundry-room-reveal/.

• Plywood cut into 6 inch strips  (Home Depot)
  • Sherwin Williams Alabaster

Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Farmhouseblooms.com

• Annie Maturino

Could you tell me where you bought the paper towel holder?

• Kathleen F

Beautiful job on the laundry room! I would also like to know where you got the paper towel holder please ... Thank you so much.

• Jana

Where can we find that awesome paper towel holder?? Thank you!!

• Ran22549902

Wow wow wow!
    Amazing...everything is so well executed. The accessories are super. I'll bet doing the laundry has gotten a lot more pleasant!
  • Lynn

It's amazing looking !!! Good Job DIY !!