Asked on Jun 28, 2017

Does anyone have a useful idea for a pipe (smoking) ashtray/stand??

GinnyCaseyem11Bridges Brandy
+9

I thought of egg halves in the pipe holder divots but how often would that be used?
  • Cheryl Anne
    Cheryl Anne

wind chimes come to mind when I saw this.
  • Allison
    Allison

Maybe a jewelry organizer? Rings and earrings in the divots, add some cup hooks on the lower level for necklaces. The ashtray portion can be used for your daily wear.
  • How25850473
    How25850473

lamp
  • Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

How about a craft stand to hold your brushes? I always have small items in the craft room, so the ashtray could hold that type of thing or whatever your need is.
  • Sandy
    Sandy

First off, I love the piece! It reminds me of my grandpa. let me know if you want to get rid of it! What if you put a bowl on top and put this by your front door to hold keys. You could put a wreath around the bottom circle. Maybe even the top. Could also make it a Christmas theme, with some decoration in the top (tree, Angel, reindeer whatever you like). Actually you could change it for all holidays, just change the top and put on holiday themed wreaths, garland or boas! Could be fun to keep redecorating it!
  • Karen Stafford
    Karen Stafford

Disassemble, use the piece with cups for the bottom, join the two pieces of center post together or use a closet dowel (approximately 36 to 48 inches), top with the top portion including ashtray, and paint if desired. Now you have a current stick stand or fishing rod storage. Ashtray an hold chalk or fish hooks, etc.
  • Spi20738700
    Spi20738700

I thought of a holder for various colors of curling ribbon or other ribbon right away. Sometimes ribbon is actually sold in boxes that have small holes cut in one side and the ribbon is fed outward that way so as to avoid having ribbon tangle and knot.
  • Geanann
    Geanann

If it is sturdy enough would make a nice plant stand (If it is vintage you might be able to make some money from it)
  • Lja23984216
    Lja23984216

If you fish, turn it into a rod holder.
  • Bridges Brandy
    Bridges Brandy

rod holder or long handled tool
  • Caseyem11
    Caseyem11

makeup brush holder
  • Ginny
    Ginny

A plant stand?