DIY Grid Duvet Cover

$20

I've been seeing this grid pattern pop up all over lately, and I'm kind of in love with it. I found a grid duvet cover that I loved on Urban Outfitters but it was a bit too pricey for me, so instead I thrifted this duvet cover and decided to make my own. It turned out exactly how I imagined (even better if you ask me) so I'm happy to be sharing this little tutorial with you. This duvet cover is perfect for the simple modern minimalist. Hope you enjoy!
First you want to heat up your iron (no steam) and begin to iron your duvet making sure to get all the lumps and bumps out.
As you're ironing you want to use your ruler to mark 6" intervals across and down the duvet cover. This is the most time consuming part about the process but it's really important so take your time. This is what will create a guide for painting the checkered pattern.
After your duvet is fully marked up, lay the duvet flat on a table or the floor. Using your paintbrush and screen printing ink begin to connect the dots. Don't worry about being too perfect with your lines, many of mine were thicker or thinner than others. This adds to its charm. I used a table and had to do paint the lines in batches (because my table wasn't big enough), it can take time but the payoff is worth it I promise!
Lastly, you want to let your duvet dry completely and follow the instructions of you fabric ink. For me this meant heat setting it and then throwing it in the wash and dryer.
After that you've got an incredible new duvet that looks amazing and didn't break the bank.

• Duvet Cover  (Thrift Store)
  • Fabric Paint or Screen Printing Ink
  • Ruler

To see more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmQkledAHX5exUZ2YDdPW7w/featured