Coffee Table Do Over...stained Top Design

$5

I picked up this plain coffee table up at the goodwill for 4.99. It was sturdy but was really very beat up. So I figured a good sanding and cleanup and it would make a nice table...and hopefully a good profit.
I began by sanding the table with a 100grit sandpaper. Taking it slowly as I run into a lot of pieces that are solid wood except the top, and it is only a thin layer of wood. I finished with a 220grit
I drew out my design very lightly with a pencil.
Started shading the first flower with stain. I used dark oak. I used a piece of cut up t shirt wrapped around my finger to shade.
I also like to use small paintbrushes to outline some things or to get a certain effect. It is slowly coming together.
I finished off with 3 coats of poly acrylic. Nice and shiny!
I painted the base a very dark sea green/blue and dark waxed over. I love the finished product and happy with how it came out!

• Mini wax dark oak stain
  • Paint

To see more: http://www.facebook.com/memawslovelyglass

• Loveita sweet

I have become obsessed with up-cycled furniture re-dos. This is one of my very favorites, as I love, love, love hummingbirds.

I have 2 piece set of Chinese Dynasty tables, one rectangular, one circular--very battered. I have held off trying my hand at giving them a proper makeover because I want them to be perfect.

Do any of you beautiful, creative people have any suggestions before I start?

• Jennie Perez

I want to do this so badly but I don't draw. Can I stencil on the wood and then stain it? What do you recommend?

• Bev Davis

A stencil will give you the outline. You'll have to finish drawing the interior of the stencil design on your own. With practice, you should be able to do this with great results!