Zee
Zee
  • Burleson, TX

GO WEST DIY'ERS GO WEST

Texas is my home, but I fought using Western themed design in my home for many years. I loved the history, but could not embrace the look. About ten years ago all that changed. I decided my love of history, antiques and the old west should and certainly could be brought all together in my country home. I now mix my love of American primitives and authentic Western design into every room in my home. I have found using my collections challenged my imagination. I have used everything from an old barn door for a headboard to driftwood and antlers for clothes racks and towel holders. I am not done and am sure tomorrow will bring more ideas and challenges.
Using unique choices for curtain valances make for interesting accents and conversations.
Love these vintage Levi ads used them as valances in my "western" themed guest room.
Instead of pictures, I used old framed movie posters for my wall décor. I love the graphics.
Anything can be used for decoration.  I can just imagine the little buckaroos and buckerettes who had a grand time in these little treasures.
Anything can be used for decoration. I can just imagine the little buckaroos and buckerettes who had a grand time in these little treasures.
These Skooum dolls are just one of my many loves from the souvenir trade.
Even old farm implements can add interesting wall décor.
Hanging rugs on the wall is nothing new, but I still love the look.  I used an old frog gig and ancient iron candelabras turned upside down to hold my rugs.
Hanging rugs on the wall is nothing new, but I still love the look. I used an old frog gig and ancient iron candelabras turned upside down to hold my rugs.
We used a red cedar on our property to make the stair railings leading to this guest room.
Our place..The Trails End at Hawk's Creek. Even the name has a Western theme.

Zee

• Debbie

I am from Lubbock. Live in Georgia. I started changing my decor to western about a year ago. I love Texas!. Could you post pictures of your interior? I need the inspiration and want to see if I am on the right path. Any help would be appreciated. I am carrying the theme outside also.

• Zee

If you check some of my other Hometalk posts, you will see more ideas. Also you may want to check Hawk's Creek's posts on FB. I love authentic Western decor mixed with primitive Americana. Using old iron wheels, saddles, Indian blankets, baskets, rugs, vintage western themed toys, and of course cow skulls make for fun and interesting decor.