Sea Shell Centerpiece Beach Tablescape

A few days ago I posted Fish Accent Light - Wish I was at the Beach. It was a Sea Shell buffet vignette. But I also wanted to do a Shell centerpiece for the dinning room table. I went to Garden Ridge, a garden warehouse outlet (my new friend, love that store) and purchased two shell bowls, only $5.98 each. Excited to do my centerpiece I put them on the table. My husband walks by and ask, "why are you
The end result
The end result
sea shell centerpiece, crafts, home decor
This is how they started. I had two and stacked them. I did not take pictures along the way because I didn't know where I was going with this.
I hot glued the two shell bowls together and hot glued shells and moss to cover the openings
This is the back and how it is hot glued together with  moss and shells filled in the opening
This is the back and how it is hot glued together with moss and shells filled in the opening
A closer look at the back
A closer look at the back
The bottom shell has a orchid, butterfly, sand and shells
The top shell has a battery pillar candle that no longer worked so I found a small votive. Added smaller shells
I sat it in a round tray that has a inner scallop design, filled the tray with sand, shells and clear glass rocks
The glass rocks really sparkle
The glass rocks really sparkle
There you have it. ??? I'm still not at the beach but I enjoyed playing in the sand with my shells.

• Jamala W

This looks awesome! How did i miss this.??? Is it on your blog? Ahhhhh.. I'm so ready for summer..

• Linda G

@Jamala W Thanks Jamala. Yes I'm ready to have some fun in the sun!

• Plum Creek Place

I think your centerpiece looks marvelous! The way you stacked them adds tons of interest to your centerpiece. I like it when there are shells scattered around a coastal centerpiece, they add a great natural presence to the tablescape.