How to fix a hole in the wall?

+4
This hole is on the landing of my staircase (see picture) this is next to our lab to give perspective.
q how to fix a hole in the wall
  • Emily Emily on Jun 29, 2017
    I remember many years ago a friend telling me how to do this. Can't remember exactly but if I were to do this now, I would take a piece of cardboard (larger than hole) and make a small hole in the center. Through the hole put a loop of strong string and on the back of the cardboard put a stick or something like that to allow you to pull the cardboard taut to the back of the hole. You will have to bend the cardboard to get it in the hole. Then take some plaster you have mixed according to directions on bag, and apply it to the space, smoothing and refilling any gaps. Let dry. Cut loop off, repaint wall.
    • See 1 previous
    • Smd25417989 Smd25417989 on Jun 29, 2017
      Don't wet the newspaper too much but be sure to scrunch the paper after applying the spackle.
  • Brandy Grimes Brandy Grimes on Jun 29, 2017
    For a hole that size I would suggest using the mesh you can purchase at the home improvement store and follow instructions for use.
  • C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Jun 29, 2017
    Get some spackle and fill in the hole . When its dry, sand lightly and paint to match the wall .
  • Lora Lora on Jun 29, 2017
    Home Depot sells dry wall patch kits.
  • Cori Widen Cori Widen on Jun 29, 2017
    The kits are great! They make it super easy!