Donna Arsenault
Donna Arsenault
  • Canada

Covered Vintage Coffee Table

First time sharing a project on Hometalk. I live in Northern Canada in a small town. We have a local online flea market on Facebook where most people will post their items for sale. I scored this table and matching end table for $10. While watching for the perfect coffee table to appear in town or I decide to make something else, I decided to paint this one and cover with a piece of upholstery foam and quilt batting and I bought a small piece of car upholstery fabric. The paint is Beauti-tone Designer series cabinetry and furniture paint and primer all in one, color Cardigan (blue/grey) Fabric has small blue/grey specs in it. First time trying a project like this. I like the color and plan to do my china cabinet too.
all clean and lightly sanded. Bottom is wood,top is melamine.
covered vintage coffee table, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, reupholster
spray adhesive to hold foam. I cut it with my electric knife as recommended by someone on another site as the foam is very dense. I forgot to take a picture of the batting layer. I stapled batting and fabric to underside.
finished! I bought nailhead trim to go around the bottom but it was very difficult to hammer in and I thought I would splinter the pressed wood and melamine top.

• B. Reynolds

lovely. If you just want some trim at the bottom hot glue so braid on it.

• Donna Arsenault

it is meant to be a footrest. I bought new furniture (sofa is across from the two chairs) but we had no place to put up our feet. The top of the foam is actually level with the furniture.