GARDEN POOL DECK. SCAFFOLD BOARD PROJECT.

1 Material
$600
2 Weeks

My spring project. A pool deck for the kids in the garden
scaffold board pool deck
Just a mess in the garden
scaffold board pool deck
dug out a hole
scaffold board pool deck
Set the posts in place and started building
scaffold board pool deck
scaffold board pool deck
scaffold board pool deck
I treated all of the wood and made sure it was all off the ground so hopefully it will last a while
scaffold board pool deck
Structure nearly finished
scaffold board pool deck
Stained it with Cedar colour oil
scaffold board pool deck
Added a seating area
scaffold board pool deck
Just need to add water
scaffold board pool deck
Added a slide, splash.

• Scaffold boards

• Denahensley

What kind of pool liner?

• Andrew Oxton

Just a cheap 10ft Bestway/intex pool. I wish I had gone bigger to be honest, but space was a bit of an issue.

• Akl1272073

What kind of material did you to make the pool? Did you do the pool DIY ir was it from a box pool kit? I just wanna make sure animals can't get to the lining of the pool hidden where the boards are thinking they're sneaky and it rip.... here in Missouri they are tricky!!! Lol you did amazing though!!!
    Can you use a box pool kit, dig dirt and set it in there?

• Andrew Oxton

The pool was just a cheap 10ft Bestway/intex. The material is pretty tough, but we dont really have any scary wild animals here. A hedgehog would do a lot less damage than a mountain lion (??). You could of course use a box kit and dig it down further, I guess. Cheers

• Sandy

At what point did you put your liner on the frame?

• Andrew Oxton

Right at the end. The frame and liner can all be assembled in the cut out space.

• User

I'd like the list of materials and how much of everything you needed. 😬😬 this is so awesome! Great job!

• Andrew Oxton

Thanks very much. ok, here goes... 35. 4.2 meter Scaffold boards. 6 2meter 3x3 fence posts. 4 bags of postcrete. 12 heavy duty galvanized 90 degree brackets (for extra strength). A lot of 5 inch galvanized nails. Couple of boxes of 30mm galvanized screws (for the brackets). Two tubs of creocote. Three tubs of decking oil. Sander and lots of sand paper. Circular saw. Spirit level. Pool, pump. Water. Thats it I think...If I think of anything else, Ill let you know.

• Bonnie Allen

Hi, what is you filtering system, sand or cartridge.

• Andrew Oxton

Cartridge. It works well enough, but will be upgrading to a decent sand filter next year, i think.