Whats the best way to keep fleas and ticks off your yard

+8
  • I spray with vinegar once a month. Around the perimeter of the property and in the dirt at the base of the home.
  • Barb Barb on Jun 30, 2017
    have a spray service like mesquito Joe works great
  • Gma Kirk Gma Kirk on Jun 30, 2017
    if you can keep other animals like dogs, deer, etc. from coming into your yard, your own pets treated, and don't let your grass get high, this will greatly reduce the flea & tick population.
  • Lak25170497 Lak25170497 on Jun 30, 2017
    Keep grass short. Any insecticide to kill pests will also kill beneficial insects like bees, butterflies etc.
  • Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Jun 30, 2017
    I recently read an article on a natural powder using neem and a couple other ingredients. I am trying to find it, and if I do I will share.
  • Brandy Grimes Brandy Grimes on Jun 30, 2017
    seven dust
  • Bet26282479 Bet26282479 on Jun 30, 2017
    feed the birds! they will take care of it
  • SandyG SandyG on Jun 30, 2017
    Dry Application for Diatomaceous Earth. Great for fleas, ticks, spiders.
    1
    Wear a dust mask. Mix diatomaceous earth with equal parts clean, dry sand to improve spreadability, and fill the hopper of the fertilizer spreader with the mixture.
    2
    Dust the lawn thoroughly on the first application, walking the spreader over the entire lawn. Apply follow-up treatments regularly as needed to control infestations. Make applications after mowing and when rain is not in the forecast.
    3
    Fill the dust chamber of a garden duster about half full with diatomaceous earth if you don't have a lawn fertilizer spreader. Dust the lawn thoroughly. You can also sprinkle the dust on the ground to target slugs and snails or directly on ant hills. Dry-dust on a clear day with little or no wind when rain is not expected.
  • Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Jun 12, 2021

Hi there, Eucalyptus oil is known as an effective tick repellent and killer. Just combine 4 ounces of purified or distilled water into a small spray bottle along with 20 drops of eucalyptus essential oil. You can also use diatomaceous earth. This article will give you more information on why and how it works - https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/what-is-diatomaceous-earth