Strawberries- you'll be surprised!

+4
I just wanted to let you all know this little trick; Since it is strawberry season, I use a grapefruit spoon to go around the top to get the stem out. I also use it for tomatoes. You'll be surprised how well it works.:-):-)

• KattywhampusLOL KattywhampusLOL on Jun 30, 2017
    Thank you, Tami :)
  • Staci Staci on Jun 30, 2017
    A straw also works well. Pull of the green and poke the straw through the strawberry.
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Jul 01, 2017
    @Tami, I first started using a grapefruit spoon when my niece posted a recipe for stuffed strawberries. They were filled with chocolate frosting or vanilla frosting. I put just the stem and leaves on top of the vanilla sometimes. I dipped the berries in chocolate or white chocolate after filling sometimes, and sometimes added a few blueberries on top. I want to try stuffing large strawberries with blueberries, blackberries and maybe tiny cantaloupe cubes. One other thing I did after the first few: I sliced off just enough from the tip so the strawberries could stand up and I used tiny tongs to serve them. Thanks for your tip. Bless you 😇
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jul 01, 2017
    Oooh thanks!!!!
  • Caroline Power Gangl Caroline Power Gangl on Jul 01, 2017
    Great idea. Anyone know where I can find a grapefruit spoon these days?